Thursday, May 19, 2011

Giving myself grief

I felt real shitty yesterday.  My daughter's 1st grade graduation was yesterday and I could not make it.  I had to work.  I wish someone, if not me, was there to support her.  When I picked her up from school, the first thing she said was "Mommie, I'm mad at you."  Then she proceeded to list all of her classmates parents, who were in attendance.  I felt like crap.  It was just circumstances that I can't control.  I am a single mother. Her dad is not here.  So I apologized a million and one times to her, and tried to explain why mommie could not make it in hopes that she would have some sort of understanding.  Idk, I just needed to get this out, so that I could stop replaying that conversation in my head.  I know if I could have made it, I would.  Note to self, I'm catching a cold for the next big event in her school.  I cant deal with that feeling again.   Now back to thinking light.

No comments:

Post a Comment