Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Ashes to ashes, dust to dust......


Death, was always something that I feared for lack of understanding. I celeberate it now as a natural piece in this pie of life.  And thus.....

The Obituary

I observe them from time to time
As if reading a book
But creating my own storyline
Each face stares intently
Each face a parable
A lie
Did they live a life full of them?
A truth
Did they seek their own?
An unknown
Perhaps a lost, troubled soul?
A gracious smile
As if the fear of death, never entered their heart
A firm grimace
As if sick of life, and ready to depart
A morbid frown
As if to say, "death I'm going down with a fight"
I'm not ready to take flight
Some faceless
Retired from sight
Reserved only in memory
The Obituary
The verbiage
Last words in the gazette
One or two sentences
"Graveside services with military honor"
Was this death more honorable than the next?
The Obituary
Timeless
Gone, but not forgotten
Timely
Each face, has its season
Timed
Past, present, future
Ashes to ashes, dust to dust
Fly free these souls
And settle where they must




No comments:

Post a Comment