Thursday, June 2, 2011

Mommy Vacation

So I have not had my daughter all this week, and I have to admit I'm kinda liking it.  It's like I'm on a vacation from single mommy hood. I feel a little guilty, but it is nice to not have to worry about another person, or wake up extra early to get her off to school and the like.  Dang, is this wrong?  I mean I'm really enjoying our time apart.  I only have to be concerned about me at the present moment, and the more I enjoy it, the more I feel like a bad mom..  I know, I'm not a bad mother, but I'm curious to know if other single moms have similar feelings, when/if they get a "break."  I'm taking it as a time to rejuvenate myself.  But I'm also not in any hurry to get her back.  On the flip side, she is probably also appreciating the break away from me.  So, in that sense I don't feel too bad. 

No comments:

Post a Comment