Friday, October 28, 2011

40/40/20

Had a conversation the other night with a friend that said he had to be 50% physically attracted to a woman and 50% mentally attracted to her.  Some may view physical attraction as a bit shallow, but if we are honest with ourselves, we will acknowledge that huemans are visual creatures first.  So I can understand that both physical and mental attraction is necessary to play a part in sustainability of a relationship, if there is to be one.  So I started thinking about what my percentage "requirements" are, and I think I've decided at 40% physical attraction,  40% mental attraction, and 20% room for growth attraction.  40% physical attraction is a good starting point for me.  Meaning a guy is handsome enough for me to want him to be close to me for an extended period of time, you know the basics.  Eyes, smile, cleanliness, nice forearms(don't ask).  Things I find physically attractive.  This may sound surface, but it is a reality.  I want to be attracted to the person I'm with.  And attraction is  relative and a matter of personal opinion.  40% mental attraction is enough for me to stay intrigued,  be able to carry on conversations, and learn something from a guy. There is nothing like being able to look a handsome brotha in the face and what is coming out of his mouth is making sense, funny, and intriguing.  WIN.  That 20%, ironically, is what I find most appealing though.  The room or potential for us to grow and build.  In other words, the person needs to have an openness about them. Open mind. That 20%, although small numerically can exponentially make a great relationship for me.  I think this 20% would compliment the mental and physical attraction and harness an innergetic/spiritual gravitation towards each other because of that openness and potential. What's your percentages? Just some randomness.....

No comments:

Post a Comment